Tips to Wake up for Fajr :
Twelve Tips to Wake up for Fajr in the Light of Qur’an, Hadith and the Teachings of Our Elders
1. To supplicate to Allah with the following رب اجعلني مقيم الصلوة و من ذريتي ربنا و تقبل دعاء
ربنا اغفرلي ولوالدي وللمؤمنين يوم يقوم الحساب
By the blessings of this du’a, Insha Allah you and your children will be granted the ability to be punctual with your prayers.
2. If it’s convenient then to take a nap in the afternoon which is also a sunnah and aids in causing a person to wake up for Fajr.
3. To have dinner early and to not overeat. Mawlana Thanwi (RA) has written that when a person eats, there comes a moment where a question arises in his mind should I continue eating or quit? The moment this question arises, a person should stop eating.
4. To not drink water before going to sleep unless there is a dire need to do so and if so, then to drink a small amount.
5. To go to sleep early otherwise the above-mentioned points will be of no benefit.
6. To perform those acts which are sunnah prior to going to sleep, refer to Beautiful Sunnahs of the Beloved Nabi (S), by Hazrat Mawlana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahib (DB).
7. Prior to going to sleep tell someone to wake you up for Fajr.
8. To use an alarm clock and to put it at such a distance that one has to get up and out of their bed and walk to turn it off, by doing so the stupor of sleep will wear off.
9. To recite verse number 127 of Surah Baqarah or the last four verses of Surah Kahf before going to sleep. By reciting these verses if a person intends to wake up at a particular time, Insha Allah one will wake up on that time.
10. Immediately upon waking up, to sufficiently rub your eyes according to the sunnah, this too will cause the effects of sleep to wear off.
11. If possible, upon waking up after wiping ones’ face with ones’ hands recite verses 190-194 of Surah Al-Imran. This is also a sunnah. ‘Ulema have written that through their experience this practice also causes the effects of sleep to go away.
12. Upon awakening from ones sleep, using ones strength and willpower immediately stand up. Never fall victim to the ploy of ones nafs that I will wake up in a little while otherwise one will miss their salaah.